Cotentin is located in Normandy, and more precisely in the west of Normandy. Some towns like the Hague, Barfleur, Sainte-Mère-Eglise and Cherbourg are well known.
The region is served:
- By road If you take the A13 motorway from Paris, theRN13 from Caen, the RN174 from Saint-Lô or the A84 from Rennes by car, you will get to the Cotentin. Buses also serve the larger towns in the area thanks to the departmental transport network of Manéo and OuIbus.
- By boat: You can go from the ports of Poole and Portsmouth in England as well as from certain Irish ports to Cherbourg.
- By train: SNCF proposes the intercity Paris-Cherbourg line. For more information go to their website sncf.com
- By plane: The airports of Caen-Carpiquet and Deauville-Saint Gatien will enable you to get to the Cotentin region very easily.
Accommodation is an important question when you’re organizing a trip or a holiday. Accommodation possibilities in the Cotentin are numerous. Family camping sites, town center hotels, bed and breakfast, mobile homes or country cottages.
If you are looking for the unusual during your stay in the Cotentin, we can propose you stay in a wooden cabin, a yurt, a trailer, a tent or even a tipi! You will find accommodation proposals near the sea so that you can take advantage of the sea air or in town for you to be near the local shops.
Gastronomy, a quick meal, a culinary voyage and local produce. What about putting the Cotentin in your plate during your stay there.
Many restaurants will welcome you and let you discover delicious delicacies made from fish, meat and vegetables. The chefs create recipes with local produce.
You are in the Cotentin, and you want to go out and have a drink with your family or friends or to have an aperitif or a coffee on a terrace on a beautiful summer day. What an excellent idea!
The region of Normandy is full of bars that are by the seaside or in town and which will welcome you so that you can enjoy a relaxing moment. Have fish and chips with a tangy cocktail or let yourselves be tempted by a plate of mussels and chips at lunchtime and go back and have a drink at sunset in one of our ports in the Cotentin.
During your family holiday in the Cotentin there are many activities that you can do to occupy young and old.
- walks, bike rides, horse riding, donkey rides or boat rides in the Cotentin
- water activities in the Cotentin
- visits to the Cotentin marshlands
- games of golf in the Cotentin
- museum visits (D-Day Experience)
- walks along the beaches
- hand fishing or fresh water fishing
- visits to a wildlife park in the Cotentin
- visits to castles or forts
- a visit to the Normandy Landing Beaches (Utah Beach)
- discoveries of the sea world at the Cité de la Mer-
- eating (biscuits, cakes etc.)
There are lots of other activities to do as a family in the Cotentin.
Find all the events in the diary of the tourist office.
Normandy is a place of history, beauty, softness and the land. The local products are numerous and you will find them in many places during your trip to the Cotentin; gourmet stores, restaurants, markets and directly at the farms.
Let yourselves become gourmets by discovering:
- Normandy butter biscuits
- dairy products from our producers ( butter, cream and milk)
- fruit and vegetables in season at the greengrocers (leeks, carrots, apples and pears)
- sweet cider, farm cider, semi-sweet cider, calvados, aperitifs and apple juice from Normandy
- sea food (oysters, local lobsters, mussels, sea bass and mackerel)
- fruit and milk jams and marmalades
- and many products that are produced organically.