Come and attend and participate in the commemorations for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings and the liberation of France and Europe in Normandy
Ceremonies, parachutists, Patrouille de France, fireworks, exhibitions… The Cotentin in Normandy celebrates the memory of the soldiers who died in the fight for the freedom of France and Europe. Discover the programme of events during the months of May and June near the D-Day Beaches in the Cotentin region.
2019 Program of Commemorations of the D-Day in SAINTE MÈRE-ÉGLISE and SAINT-CÔME-DU-MONT
- Weekend of 25 and 26 May: 11th Book Fair “Stories and Memories”.
International March for Peace
- Saturday June 1st: International Concert for Peace
- Sunday June 2: Harley Davidson Run with more than 60 military motorcycles from the 1940s
- Thursday 6 June: Exhibition and parade of military vehicles, parachute demonstrations, mass, Peace Concert…
- Friday, June 7: Ceremonies in the morning. From 7pm, Liberty banquet with veterans, then concert…
- Saturday June 8: D DAY Memorial Parade with 3000 musicians, musical activities, pathfinders demonstrations on the Geronimo camp.
- Sunday June 9: Exhibition and parade of military vehicles, concerts. Around 11:30 pm: fireworks display.
- Monday June 10: Picnic, musical entertainment and shows….
- Tuesday June 4: D DAY Experience Museum: screening of the film “The Girl who wore freedom”.
D-Day Commemoration Program at UTAH-BEACH:
- Saturday, May 25: International March for Peace.
- Friday May 31: Sainte-Marie-du-Mont – Utah Beach 20H30 D-Day Landing Museum : Public screening of the documentary “The Girl who wore freedom”.
- Sunday June 2: Sainte-Marie-du-Mont – Utah Beach Hiking Day: “Following in the footsteps of our liberators”.
- Thursday 6 June: Sainte-Marie-du-Mont – Utah Beach: Franco-Danish ceremony, Official ceremony in Utah Beach on the esplanade of the museum, in the presence of American veterans, Land’Art “Liberté pour la mer”, Choir “Voix de la Paix Partagée”, concert performed by German and French youth.
- Friday, June 7: – Sainte-Marie-du-Mont – Utah Beach Esplanade du musée: Utah Memory Ball. Concert “Les Madeeson & Co” (French and American songs from the 40s and 50s) – Museum night: until 10pm (last entries 9pm). – Military camp night: until 11pm. 23H Fireworks at Utah Beach.
- Monday June 10: Sainte-Marie-du-Mont 10:30 Commanches Ceremony in Utah Beach
- Sunday June 23rd: Utah Beach – Commented walk “Then and Now”
Program for reconstitution camps
- June 1 to 9: reconstitution of a military camp of American airborne troops “Camp Geronimo” in Sainte-Mère-Eglise
- June 6 to 10: reconstitution of 2 military camps in Carentan-Les-Marais
- June 4 to 9: reconstitution of an American military camp in Sainte-Marie-Du-Mont
- June 3 to 10: Utah Memory Field historical gathering drawing a parallel between the Second World War army and the current army.
Find the detailed agenda of events for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings : http://www.ot-baieducotentin.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Programme-final-75-Fr-valid%C3%A9.pdf
You can also locate the events on the map of the main events in the Channel: https://www.debarquement-manche.fr/carte-des-evenements/
In practice, where to sleep on the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings?
A campsite near Utah Beach, hotel in Sainte-Mère-Eglise, the must-see sites… Do you organise your stay to attend the 75th anniversary celebrations of the Landing? Cotentin Tourisme advises you on the best addresses of hotels, restaurants and sites near Sainte-Mère-Eglise, Utah Beach and around the Normandy D-Day landing beaches.
Find in the page territories the information that will make your stay a unique moment of discovery in Cotentin.